Apple Crisp is made with green apples, topped with a crisp,
made with dark brown sugar, flour and of course butter and more butter.
Prefer video? Watch our latest recipe videos!
Ya’ll this may not be the prettiest apple crisp that you’ve ever seen, but it is sssooo good. As my grandmother would say, the ugliest food tastes the best.
For instance, on Thanksgiving a few years ago I made a Sour Cream Pound Cake. I don’t know what happened with that cake, but it stuck to the pan and what I could get out of the pan fell apart.
Needless to say, I did not serve the cake to guests, but I kept it (what I could unstick from inside the bundt pan) because it was that good.
I sprayed by bundt pan, but forget to flour the pan before pouring the batter into the pan.
I didn’t have enough sour cream left and I definitely wasn’t going back to the store at that point so I made a 7 Up Cake.
The 7 Up cake came out just fine and everyone loved it. I’m saying that to say this, your food doesn’t have to be perfect, but it must be cooked with love.
Food that is rushed or not cooked with love never comes out right.
So here are some tips for the “crisp”. You know the crumbly goodness on top of this dessert. I prefer to even out my crisp.
As you can see from the picture above, once you cut into the dessert, it will crumble.
I’ve seen others just crumble the crisp on top of the apples. It’s completely your choice.
And depending on how much you work the butter into the brown sugar and flour mixture will determine how fine or crumbly your crisp will be. Have fun with the recipe and make it your own!
You may also like:
- 3/4 c of flour
- 3/4 c of dark brown sugar
- 8 tbsp of unsalted butter- cut into small pieces
- 5 small Granny Smith apples- peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 3-quart baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, add brown sugar, flour, 1 tbsp of cinnamon, 1 tbsp of nutmeg and 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix well.
- Cut butter into mixture with a fork or pastry cutter until crumbs form. Cover and refrigerate while preparing apples.
- Peel and slice apples as desired.
- Add apples to baking dish. Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp of nutmeg and stir together.
- Spread crumb/crisp mixture over apples.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!