Au Gratin Potatoes are Yukon gold sliced potatoes baked in milk,
butter and cheese to create the creamiest potatoes!
Watch the video for this recipe!
Potatoes go with just about every meal. In my mind anyway. You guys I really have to watch it with the potatoes. I can eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner.
Like the Fried Breakfast Potato recipe is especially my jam for breakfast. Pair them with some eggs and bacon and you will have a meal out of this world.
For dinner, you can keep it simple with our Plain Jane Mashed Potato recipe or these Au Gratin Potatoes. This recipe is pretty simple to make from scratch.
All you have to do is peel and cut your potatoes and add a few other ingredients.
You will need:
- Yukon potatoes
- Sharp shredded cheese
- Whole milk
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
Steps to make this recipe:
- Start with peeling and slicing the potatoes. You want to use a sharp knife to peel the potatoes to get the slices as thin as possible. You can also use a slicer if you have one.
- Rinse them well, drain the excess water and place them in a baking dish. Add water to your dish and season the potatoes with onion powder, salt and black pepper.
- Cover them with foil and bake them for about an hour. Remove them from the oven and stir sharp shredded cheese and milk into the potatoes.
- Also, sprinkle the top of the potatoes with the shredded cheese. Place your dish back in the oven uncovered and continue to bake the potatoes for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the cheese is melted and the potatoes are tender, remove the dish from the oven.
Yukon Gold potatoes are perfect for making Au Gratin potatoes. The potatoes have a distinct flavor which is perfect for Au Gratin potatoes.
They are a firm potato, do not get too mushy when baked and are still tender. That is exactly what you want, so we definitely recommend using this potato over any others.
You may also like:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 6-8 gold yukon potatoes
- 2 c of sharp shredded cheese
- 1/2 c of milk
- 1/2 c of water
- 1 tbs of butter
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, slice and rinse the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to a mediumm-size baking dish.
- Pour the water over potatoes.
- Season with salt, onion powder and pepper.
- Bake covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Add milk and 1 c of shredded cheese and throughout the potatoes.
- Cover the potatoes with 1 c of remaining shredded cheese.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes baking uncovered until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are softened.
- Serve and enjoy!