Beef Egg Rolls are a Chinese style snack prepared with an American flair.
The egg rolls are filled with plenty of veggies and protein-
beef, cabbage, carrots and green onions.
Watch the video for this recipe!
Beef Egg Rolls
This recipe brings back so many memories! I grew up cooking beef egg rolls with my mother. We both love Asian food! The first time she made these it was love at first bite.
After that, I would always ask for them, and when I got my way, which was every now and then, we would make egg rolls together.
Obviously, she put her own spin on the recipe and made them with ground beef; however, egg rolls are commonly made with beef, pork and/or just vegetables.
Beef Egg Rolls
I was in an egg roll mood one night so I called my mom and asked her when she was going to make some again.
Her response was that I could make them myself. I’m like what? Who does that?
Moms are supposed to still cook for their children, even when their grown and living on their own lol.
Well, I lost that battle that night and ended up having to settle for the recipe, so now I am sharing with you all.
Don’t expect them to last very long! They are just that good! I suggest making a double batch depending on how many people will be sharing them.
If by chance you end up having leftovers, the egg rolls freeze very well.
Once you’re ready to eat them just thaw at room temperature, pop them in the microwave and you’re good to go!
P.S. I also made a Mongolian sauce recipe to go with the egg rolls for you all. You can also find the link below!
You may also like:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 1- 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
- 6 c of green cabbage - shredded
- 2 c of shredded carrots
- 5 stalks of green onion- chopped
- 1 + 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 + 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 + 1 tbsp of Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1 + 1 tbsp of ground ginger
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers
- 1/4 - 1/2 c of granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 1-2 tbsp of water
- 4 c of vegetable oil for deep frying
- In a large skillet add beef and season with minced garlic, garlic powder, ginger, seasoned salt and green onion.
- Cook meat, stirring occasionally until brown.
- Once beef is brown, remove from heat, drain and sit aside.
- In a large skillet, heat a small amount of oil and fry minced garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add cabbage, carrots, green onion, garlic powder, seasoning salt and ginger. Stir occasionally for 4-5 minutes or until the cabbage begins to soften.
- Add sugar to mixture and mix well.
- Remove the vegetables from skillet, drain any excess liquid and mix with beef.
- Cool mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- While mixture is cooling, in a small bowl mix flour and water to make a loose paste.
- Once mixture has cooled, add two heaping tbsps of mixture to each egg roll wrapper.
- Roll egg rolls (instructions on back of egg roll wrapper package) and seal with prepared paste.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil to medium heat.
- Fry egg rolls for 1-2 minutes or until brown making sure not to over crowd the pan.
- Once egg rolls are brown, remove from pan and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!