Beef Enchilada Casserole is a Mexican Inspired dish with a Tex-Mex Twist.
The dish is cheesy, bursting with flavor and oh so filling.
Prefer video? Watch our latest recipe videos!
Beef Enchilada Casserole
Here in Texas, we love some enchiladas! I mean we just love Mexican food in general. If you know anything about Texas, our Mexican food is mostly Tex-Mex.
Tex-Mex is a blend of Texas and Mexican cuisine. This Beef Enchilada casserole will not disappoint.
You can easily make your own enchiladas at home.
To make the filling, brown your beef in a pan with a few seasonings and diced onions.
While your meat is cooking, prepare your homemade sauce with tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, cheddar cheese soup and chili.
Once your meat has finished browning, drain the excess oil and reserve it. Add the taco seasoning according to the package instructions and allow to simmer with the beef for a few minutes.
Once the meat is prepped, it’s time to build your enchiladas.
Make sure to add enough sauce to coat the bottom of the pan before adding the enchiladas. You want to make sure that they enchiladas remain moist throughout.
Moisten each enchilada with the reserved oil and add a few tablespoons of the beef mixture. Once they are rolled, they should look like the enchiladas pictured above.
Top your enchiladas with sauce and shredded cheese and place them in the oven. you can also add fresh diced onion and jalapenos for extra flavor, but that is optional.
I ended up making 15 enchiladas, but you may end up having more or less depending on how much you fill each enchilada.
You may also like:
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 2 c of diced onion
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 2 tsps of onion powder
- 20 small flour tortillas
- 1 (29) ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 c of ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 c of granulated sugar
- 2 (10 3/4) cans of cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (19 oz) can of chili
- 4-6 c of shredded cheese
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In skillet, brown ground beef with 1/2 c of onions and onion powder.
- Once meat is brown, drain and reserve the excess oil.
- Return meat to skillet and add taco seasoning and water according to package instructions.
- Cook covered until most of the liquid is absorbed into the meat.
- While the meat is sautéing, prepare the sauce.
- In a large bowl mix tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, cheddar cheese soup and chili.
- In a large roasting pan or baking dish, spread a few tablespoons of the sauce to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Moisten tortillas in reserved oil.
- Using a large spoon, add beef mixture until each tortilla.
- Roll the tortillas and placet them into the roasting pan/baking dish. Repeat until mixture is finished.
- Pour remaining sauce over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and remaining diced onions.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!