Brown Sugar and Pineapple Glazed Ham is made with brown sugar, pineapple and mustard.
This combination of flavors creates the perfect ham for any feast.
Prefer video? Watch our latest recipe videos!
Brown Sugar and Pineapple Glazed Ham
Are you all ready for Easter? We sure are. It’s like Thanksgiving all over again, but with a little less stress right? It is a great time to spend time with family and of course eat great food. Ham is a great meat to cook to feed a crowd.
It is even great for a small crowd because you will definitely have plenty of leftovers. If you’re not into cooking a big meal for Easter, Cornish Hen’s are a great meat to make as well.
If you have never made a ham before, it is actually really simple to make. Unless you are feeding a ton of people, you only need half a ham. This ham will easily feed ten to twelve people.
Our favorite cut of ham is ham shank. Although a spiral ham is also great and cuts beautifully the flavor is not as great as the ham shank.
Ham shanks have a bone and anything with a bone packs a lot of flavor. And the bone can be re-used, yes my friends, reuse it to make other recipes like beans.
Brown Sugar and Pineapple Glazed Ham with the glaze applied- after cooked for 1 1/2 hours
So let’s talk about how to make this ham…
First pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees. You want to rinse your ham with cool water then transfer it into a large roasting pan. Then pour 12 ounces of coke over your ham, cover it with foil and place it in the oven.
Cook your ham for about one and a half hours and then remove it from the oven. Prior to removing the ham from the oven, prepare your glaze by using the juice from your can of pineapples, brown sugar and a touch of mustard.
Remove the ham from the oven and pour off most of the liquid. Leave enough liquid in the pan to coat the bottom of the pan. Then rub your ham all over with liquid smoke.
Pour the glaze over the ham ensuring to cover as much of the ham as possible. Place your pineapple rings on top of the ham, cover it with foil and place it back in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Remove your ham from the oven, allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting it and then serve and enjoy!
We hope that you all have a great Easter holiday! What are your holiday plans? Are you making a large meal? Keeping it simple?
Let us know in the comments!
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 1 10-12 pound Ham shank
- 1 12 ounce can of coke
- 1/3 c of liquid smoke
- 1 c of dark brown sugar
- 1 20 oz can of pineapple slices
- 1/2 tbsp of mustard
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan.
- Pour the entire contents of coke over the ham.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Prior to removing the ham from the oven, prepare the glaze. To prepare the glaze:
- In a pot, add juice from pineapples, brown sugar and mustard. Heat under low to medium heat until the glaze begins to thicken (about 10 minutes). Stir frequently.
- Remove the ham from the oven and pour most of the liquid out of the roasting pan.
- Rub the ham with liquid smoke.
- Pour the glaze over the ham.
- Then place your desired amount of pineapples on top of the ham.
- Cover the ham with foil and place it back in the oven for 30 more minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and allow it to rest for about 15 minutes before cutting it.
- Serve and enjoy!
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!