This Buttermilk Fried Chicken is the best fried chicken you will ever have!
This chicken is super moist on the inside and light and crunchy on the outside.
Watch the video for this recipe!
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mothers! I am not a mother but I am fortunate to be able to celebrate another Mother’s Day with my mom. I hope everyone enjoys this special day!
This Buttermilk Fried Chicken recipe is the perfect, quick meal idea for Mother’s Day. We are switching things up this year with a recipe that is somewhat non-traditional. It may not be the usual, but everyone loves fried chicken.
To make this meal more “traditional” pair it with macaroni and cheese, cabbage or green beans and cornbread. And for dessert, go ahead and whip up this easy peach cobbler recipe or even some banana pudding!
Now that’s a meal that will leave you satisfied! Plus, it’s not over-complicated or overly involved. The goal is to have a great meal, but not to be so tired from cooking that you can’t enjoy your guests.
Let’s chat about this Fried Chicken shall we?
It’s made in three parts, but they are really simple. To make it easier, you can prepare your chicken the night before. Season it with one tablespoon of onion powder, one tablespoon of garlic powder, one tablespoon of paprika and half a tablespoon of cayenne pepper.
For the flour mixture, mix three cups of flour, three tablespoons of garlic salt and one tablespoon of black pepper.
Please do not skip out on seasoning your flour. This chicken is not heavily seasoned so it is important to season your flour for this recipe!
For the batter mixture, mix two cups of flour, two whole eggs, three cups of buttermilk and one to two tablespoons of garlic salt. After the chicken is seasoned, to fry it, coat the chicken in the batter mixture (a few pieces at a time), then transfer it to the flour mixture.
Fully coat the chicken in the flour mixture, then place it in oil to fry. Fry the chicken for about 20 minutes or until it is golden brown.
Remove the chicken from the oil and transfer it to a paper towel covered dish. Repeat until all of the chicken is cooked. This chicken was cooked in a dutch oven.
This is our absolute favorite way to fry chicken. The dutch oven is pretty much like frying in a cast-iron skillet. It makes your chicken very crispy and fry evenly.
Make sure that when you are frying your chicken to not overcrowd your dutch oven. This will cause the temperature of the oil to decrease and prolong the cooking process.
This can also cause your chicken to stick together. If you do not have a dutch oven, fry the chicken in the frying receptacle that you normally use.
As always, we hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another recipe!
- 14 pieces of chicken- wings and legs
- 5 c of all purpose flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 c of buttermilk
- 4 tbsps of garlic salt
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 1/2 tbsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 gallon of vegetable oil
- In a Dutch oven or fryer, heat almost one gallon of vegetable oil.
- To season the chicken: Season it with one tablespoon of onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and a half a tablespoon of cayenne pepper.
- For the flour mixture: In a large bowl, mix three cups of flour and three tablespoons of garlic salt.
- For the batter mixture: In a large bowl, mix one to two cups of flour, two whole eggs, three cups of buttermilk and one to two tablespoons of garlic salt.
- After the chicken is seasoned, to fry it, coat the chicken in the batter mixture (a few pieces at a time), then transfer it to the flour mixture.
- Fully coat the chicken in the flour mixture, then place it in the oil to fry.
- Fry the chicken for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and transfer it to a paper towel covered dish.
- Repeat until all of the chicken is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!