Classic Meatloaf is seasoned with bell pepper, onion and spices
and topped with seasoned tomato sauce.
The perfect comfort food for any night!
Watch the video for this recipe!
Meatloaf is one of those dishes that I never get tired of. This is a simple, classic meatloaf. No need to over complicate things.
Meatloaf takes some practice to get the seasonings exactly the way you want them, but with a little love, it doesn’t take very much to get it right.
Now that’s a southern meal for you.
I remember that when I first starting cooking meatloaf. Back then I used bread or toast for this recipe.
But now I use Ritz crackers. and ground them in my hand until they are almost like dust. Because the crackers are fine, they mix better with the other ingredients.
I would also mainly use meatloaf seasoning to season the meatloaf. I can’t do anything but laugh about it now.
Don’t get me wrong, my meatloaf was still the bomb back then, but nowadays I’m trying to make traditional recipes from scratch.
Now I use my favorite staple seasonings. It takes time to really get meatloaf right. It is easy to over or under season it.
So the theme of this blog is intuitive cooking right? And that is the exact skill that I use when cooking dishes such as meatloaf.
I start off slow with the seasonings and then add more as needed. Once your meat becomes fragrant it is well seasoned.
This little trick works perfectly every time. Listen to your senses and intuition.
I usually start off by mixing the ingredients with a spoon, but I’m old school, so after a few stirs I get in there with my hands.
After all, you have to use your hands to form the loaf anyway. A loaf pan was used for this recipe, but you can use a regular pan or pyrex dish and form the meat into a loaf shape.
Typically, meatloaf is served with mashed potatoes and green beans, but it’s whatever floats your boat.
You may also like:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 9 in 5.3 in x 2.9 inch loaf dish
- 3 lbs of ground beef
- 1 tbsp of seasoning salt
- 1/2 tbsp of garlic salt
- 1/2 tbsp of onion powder
- 1/2 c of yellow onion
- 1/2 c of bell pepper
- 10-15 Ritz Crackers crushed
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 (8) oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 c of ketchup
- 1/2 tsp of Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add beef, garlic salt, onion powder, yellow onion, bell pepper, crushed crackers and eggs mixing together.
- Place ingredients in a loaf pan and cover with foil.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- To prepare the sauce, mix tomato sauce, ketchup, seasoning salt and onion powder in a bowl.
- Pour meatloaf sauce over the meatloaf.
- Place meatloaf in oven and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to rest for 10-15 minutes and serve!
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!