Cream Cheese and Green Apple Muffins are semi-sweet muffins
packed with cream cheese and green apple goodness.
Prefer video? Watch our latest recipe videos!
Cream Cheese and Green Apple Muffins
You’ll love this soft, semi-sweet cream cheese and green apple muffin. Who doesn’t love a muffin that’s not overly sweet from time to time? And homemade…a win-win situation.
This sweet tooth of mine has really been kicking in since I’ve gotten older. It is very tempting to run to the store and get a store-bought muffin, but I noticed that all of the muffins, at least the ones I like anyway, have tons of sugar.
They were not only full of sugar, but also had a good sprinkle of sugar sitting on top of them. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy the store bought, sugary muffins sometimes, but I try not to overindulge.
The blend of the fresh apples and cream cheese creates a super moist muffin. The granny smith apples also add a great natural sweetness.
I like to keep my muffins in a zip lock bag or Tupperware container to ensure that the moisture stays locked into the muffins.
They are even better a day old. Some foods are just better the next day after the seasonings have really set in.
These muffins are great for breakfast with a smear of butter and also great as an after dinner dessert/snack. My favorite addition to these muffins is some extra cream cheese.
It just a little something special about the muffins. When you are ready to eat them, enjoy them either at room temperature or heat them in the microwave for a few seconds.
This muffin recipe makes about 30 muffins so it would only be right to share with a friend or two.
You may also like:
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 1/2- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 c of melted butter
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 3 small granny smith apples - peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 c of oats - optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease your muffin pan and set to the side.
- Peel and dice apples. Mix in lemon juice and sit to the side.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter together.
- Add eggs and cream cheese. Mix well.
- Add milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until creamy.
- Fold apples into mixture. Oats are optional to add in now as well.
- Add 1/3 c of mix to each muffin section.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!