So There is nothing like Fried Chicken!
These Dutch Oven Fried Chicken Wings are mildly spicy and
perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce.
Watch the video for this recipe!
Fried chicken wings are on my table if not every weekend, at least every other weekend. Most of the time I make Air Fryer Ranch Wings, but sometimes I want some chicken wings fried in oil.
Okay so I tried something different this time and made these wings in the dutch oven. I have been trying to get used to cooking in the dutch oven and I think I’m finally finding my groove.
It’s just a different way of cooking. You absolutely do not have to use a dutch oven to fry your chicken. I just always like to share with you all what works for me.
You will need:
- Bag of wingettes and drummets
- Lawry’s seasoned salt
- Lawry’s garlic salt
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- All purpose flour
Steps to make this recipe:
Season chicken with seasoned salt, garlic salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
Coat each piece of the chicken with flour. Shake off the excess flour.
Heat oil for at least ten minutes prior to frying. Fry chicken for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overcrowd your frying pan.
Remove the chicken from the fryer and transfer it onto a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
Although paprika and cayenne pepper were used to season this chicken, it added a little flair, but is not too spicy.
I am not one to season my flour so after I floured the chicken I’m sure it calmed some of the heat. If you like more spice, I suggest adding more to prevent losing too much of the spice once the chicken is floured.
I used spice to enhance the flavor, not to make the chicken extra spicy.
The dipping sauce that you see pictured is just ranch with a little cayenne pepper. We all love to dip right!?
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 2.5 lbs of wingettes and drummets
- 1-2 tbsp of Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp of Lawry's garlic salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 3/4 gallon of vegetable oil
- 1 c of all-purpose flour
- Season chicken with seasoned salt, garlic salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
- Coat each piece of the chicken with flour. Shake off the excess flour.
- Heat oil for at least ten minutes prior to frying.
- Fry chicken for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overcrowd your frying pan.
- Remove the chicken from the fryer and transfer it onto a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!