Fresh Green Beans Seasoned With Onion and Bacon
are commonly called “Snap Beans”.
They are generously seasoned with yellow onion and fried bacon.
Watch the video for this recipe!
Aren’t green vegetables the best? Most of my favorite vegetables are green vegetables- collard greens, broccoli, green beans, almost any kind of greens as long as they are cooked.
There is nothing like fresh vegetables.
I have been trying to incorporate fresh vegetables into my diet more often, but it’s so easy to buy veggies frozen or in a can.
Well ya’ll know I’m all about Sunday dinner, so I try to at least cook my veggies fresh on Sundays.
Cooking fresh green beans definitely brings back memories. I remember my mom and I used to sit in the living room and snap green beans together.
Hers would be shorter than mines are, but it really doesn’t matter, snap them any way you like.
By the way, they are often called “snap beans” because they actually snap apart.
When you snap these beans you will actually hear a snapping sound.
You will need:
- Fresh green beans
- Yellow onion
- Bacon (reserve bacon drippings)
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
Steps to make this recipe:
- Start with snapping the ends off of the green beans. If you want shorter green beans, snap them in half. Rinse the green beans thoroughly and drain the residual water.
- While you are snapping the beans, cut your bacon into smaller pieces and fry your bacon until it is brown. Reserve the bacon drippings.
- Place the beans in a pot and add about two cups of water.
- Add the bacon drippings to the water. Also add diced onion, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
- Cover the beans and cook them for about 45 minutes until they soften. Remove them for the heat, serve and enjoy!
For this recipe, we didn’t overdo it on the season to ensure to preserve the fresh taste of the beans. The seasoning used and flavor from the bacon is all that you need!
You may also like:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 6 c of fresh green beans
- 1/2 c of yellow onion- diced
- 3 strips of bacon (reserve bacon drippings)
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1-2 tsp of salt
- 2 c of water
- Snap the tips off of the green beans.
- While preparing the green beans, fry the bacon. Cut the bacon into smaller pieces and fry the bacon until it is brown. Reserve the bacon drippings.
- Rinse the green beans and drain the water. Then add them to a medium-size pot with two cups of water.
- Season the green beans with diced onion, onion powder, pepper, salt, reserved bacon drippings and stir.
- Cover and cook for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the green beans soften remove from the heat and serve.
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!