Have you ever had an Oreo Brownie?
Halloween Oreo Brownies are two layers of brownie with
an Oreo crumble center topped with another layer of Oreo crumble.
Watch the video for this recipe!
Okay, so Halloween is all about having fun right? At least it is in my book. I am all about the Halloween Candy and food.
You will need:
- All purpose flour
- Whole eggs
- Dark brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla flavoring
So the idea for this brownie resembles dirt and a graveyard. So how do we do this?
You will need an 8 in square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with Baker’s Joy cooking spray or your favorite cooking spray.
Spread half of your brownie batter along the bottom of the pan. Use your fingertips to press the batter into the pan. This is the best method of working the batter.
Evenly Spread your Oreo layer on top of the brownie layer. Reserve a few tablespoons of the Oreo crumble for the top of the brownie.
Then spoon the remaining batter of brownie on top of the Oreo cookie crumbles. Using your fingers press the brownie batter evenly in the pan. Lastly spread the remaining Oreo crumble on top.
Two tablespoons of vegetable oil were added to this recipe. The oil is necessary to create the look of the brownie since this brownie is supposed to resemble dirt or a graveyard and isn’t necessarily meant to be pretty.
Halloween Oreo Brownies
Once you remove the brownie from the oven allow to cool for about 20 minutes. The brownie will still be hot in the middle, but this is the best time to remove the brownie from the pan.
At this time, when you remove the brownie from the pan it will slightly separate creating the cracks in the brownie that you see in the picture (above).
Now it’s time to decorate!
The little pumpkins are marshmallow candies. We found these at the Dollar Tree.
The tombstones are made of Hershey chocolate. The skeletons are the only thing on this brownie that is not edible.
They were purchased at the Spirit Halloween Store.
If you can’t find the pumpkins or skeletons in your area, my suggestion is to make it your own and use what you can find. This is all about having a good time!
I remember trick-or-treating with my mom when I was growing up. She always made my costume from things around the house. I always thought that was the best thing ever. It wasn’t as much of a big deal to buy a Halloween costume back then.
Of course, as a child, we are just excited because we’re going to get candy right? My mom and I would go trick-or-treating and then spend the rest of the night watching Halloween movies.
One of our favorite movies to watch every year was Hocus Pocus. As a matter of fact, I still watch it every year! What’s your favorite Halloween movie?
I hope that everyone has a fun and safe Halloween and enjoy these brownies!
You may also like:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 1 1/2 c of all purpose flour
- 4 whole eggs- room temperature
- 1 c of dark brown sugar
- 1 c of granulated sugar
- 1 c of cocoa
- 1/2 c of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c of butter- room temperature
- 2 tbsps of vegetable oil
- 2 tsps of vanilla flavoring
- 15 Oreos- crushed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 in square baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place butter and 1/2 c of chocolate chips in a bowl. Heat in microwave in 30-second intervals until melted. Stir together after each interval.
- Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla and vegetable oil to the bowl and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour half of the mixture into greased pan. Using your fingers, press mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Evenly spread crushed Oreos over the brownie layer. (Reserve a few tablespoons of the mixture for the brownie topping.) Use your fingers to spread evenly.
- Spoon remaining brownie mixture into the pan. Use your fingers to evenly spread the brownie mixture.
- Spread remaining crushed Oreos on top of the brownie.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes, then lift brownies from the pan.
- Decorate once brownies are slightly warm to touch.
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!