Italian Nachos are made with ground Italian sausage, ground beef,
queso blanco cheese and spices topped with jalapenos and black olives!
Prefer video? Watch our latest recipe videos!
Ya’ll if you’ve never had Italian Nachos before you definitely have to give them a try.
I promise you will love them!
These nachos were made with a combination of ground Italian sausage and ground beef.
Italian sausage brings a lot of flavor so we added the ground beef to give the nachos a good balance.
We’re using Velveeta queso blanco cheese for this recipe. The cheese is mild, creamy and savory. Those are your main ingredients for these nachos.
You will need:
- Italian ground sausage
- Ground beef
- Velveeta Queso Blanco cheese
- Whole milk
- Yellow onion
- Onion powder
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Granulated sugar
- Tortilla chips
- Optional toppings: sour cream, black olives, jalapenos, sour cream
Steps to make this recipe:
To make prepare the cheese for this recipe, cut it into cubes and add milk. The cheese is a little thick without the milk so the milk is added just to thin it a little and create somewhat of a cheese sauce.
The cheese needs to be cooked on low heat with a top over the pot. Placing a top over the pot helps trap the heat so the cheese can melt faster.
Since we’re sauteing the cheese on low heat, this helps speed up the cooking process. You may be able to increase the heat, but you really want to watch it closely because the cheese can burn quickly.
Then at that point, your cheese is pretty much ruined and you will have to start the process over.
While the cheese is melting, cook the Italian sausage and beef until brown.
While the meat is cooking, season it with diced onion, onion powder, garlic salt, oregano, pepper, and sugar. The onions will cook along with the meat.
We’re not adding that much sugar, just a little bit to balance out the other flavors within the dish. Once your cheese and meat are prepared it’s time to assemble your nachos.
We used On the Border Catina thins tortilla chips, but you can use any type of tortillas that you choose.
Assemble the nachos anyway you like and add your favorite toppings. The nachos pictured are topped with sour cream, jalapenos, and black olives.
These nachos are a great appetizer, but they are filling enough to eat as a meal as well!
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 1 pound of Italian ground sausage
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 32 oz of Velveeta Queso Blanco cheese
- 1/2 - 1 c of whole milk
- 1/2 c of diced yellow onion
- 2 tbsps of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- 1 tbsp of garlic salt
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
- tortilla chips
- sour cream (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- jalapenos (optional)
- In a skillet, add italian sausage and ground beef.
- Season the meat with diced onion, onion powder, garlic salt, oregano, pepper and sugar.
- Cook meat until brown, then remove the pan from the heat and drain any residual oil.
- Cube cheese and place in a pot.
- Add milk to the pot and place a lid over the pot.
- Saute the cheese until melted.
- Once the cheese is melted, assemble nachos as desired and enjoy!