Marshmallow Fruit Salad is prepared with homemade whipped cream, marshmallows,
marshmallow creme and powdered sugar.
The fruits included in this salad are green apple, pineapple, and green grapes.
The salad is topped with walnuts to add a little texture.
Prefer video? Watch our latest recipe videos!
Marshmallow Fruit Salad
Hello there! I hope everyone is doing well. Today’s recipe is Marshmallow Fruit Salad!
This salad is so good and fun to eat! I challenged myself this time and made the entire recipe from scratch. Usually, I use store-bought whipped cream, but not this time.
And let me tell you, it was a great choice!
Making the recipe with the homemade whipped cream definitely made a difference. It only takes a few steps to make the whipped cream from scratch, but the key is to get your heavy whipping cream super cold before starting the mixing process.
Also, use a metal bowl that has also been chilled in the refrigerator or freezer. The powdered sugar also helps the whipped cream “fluff up”.
Green grapes, pineapples and green apples were used for this salad.
I wouldn’t suggest using any fruit such a fruit cocktail unless you plan on eating the salad within a day or two.
I have had it made with fruit cocktail and love it made that way, but even after the fruit is drained, it just adds too much liquid to the recipe as it settles.
The marshmallow fruit salad can be refrigerated for about three to four days. I wouldn’t keep it any longer than that.
Make sure to add walnuts to your fruit salad for a little added texture. They are best added when you are ready to eat the salad.
I hope you all like the recipe and share it with family and friends.
We will be approaching 100 degree days sooner than later here in Dallas, Tx so I will definitely be adding this salad to my dessert list!
You may also like:
- Large Stainless steel bowl
- 1 12 oz. carton of Whipping cream
- 1/2 c of powdered sugar
- 1 (7) oz jar of marshmallow creme'
- 1/2 c of greek yogurt
- 2 c of green grapes
- 2 c of pineapples - drained
- 1-2 green apples - chopped
- 1-2 c of walnuts optional
- Place bowl and whisk/hand mixer beaters in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and immediately pour whipping cream and powdered sugar into bowl. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add marshmallow creme' and greek yogurt to the bowl. Mix until blended.
- Wash your fruit, drain any excess water and then fold fruit into the mixture.
- Chill for about one hour.
- Remove from fridge and serve. Top with walnuts (optional).
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!