Mexican Bean Salad is a rich blend of lettuce, tomatoes, ranch-style beans
dressed with sweet and savory Catalina dressing.
Watch the video for this recipe!
Okay so obviously this is not your average salad, but it is super tasty and filling. We actually made this recipe to complement our Beef Enchilada Casserole recipe.
Even though enchiladas are such a filling meal, it’s almost like having a side dish along with it is a must.
Some of you may also enjoy this salad on it’s own. If so, add some Fritos on top and dig in!
The salad is best prepared fresh prior to serving.
If you make the salad too early, it will become soggy since we are tossing the ingredients in Catalina dressing.
Obviously, if you choose to add the Fritos, make sure to add them right before serving. This keeps the Fritos from becoming soggy as well.
Mexican Bean Salad
You will need:
- Iceberg lettuce
- Large tomato
- Diced onion
- Ranch style beans
- Catalina dressing
- Mild shredded cheddar cheese
Steps to make this recipe:
In a medium-size bowl add lettuce, tomato and onion. Add the desired amount of ranch style beans separating some of the liquid.
Add Catalina dressing and toss the salad mixture. Top with shredded cheese and Fritos and serve!
About a half can of beans is enough for the size salad pictured. If you are making a larger salad adjust accordingly.
You don’t have to rinse the beans for the salad. Use a spoon with a strainer to add the beans to the salad and the liquid will drain from the beans.
The remaining liquid will only add to the flavor of the salad.
We used Catalina dressing because it’s a mix between sweet and savory.
The dressing is not too heavy and works well with the other ingredients added to this salad.
You may also like:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce- chopped
- 1-2 large Roma tomatoes- sliced - diced
- 1/4 c of yellow onion- diced
- 1/2 can of ranch-style beans- drained
- 1/2 c of Catalina dressing
- 1/2 c of mild shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 - 1 c of crushed Frito's optional
- In a medium-size bowl add the lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Add the ranch-style beans.
- Then add the Catalina dressing and toss the salad mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese and Fritos.
- Serve and enjoy!