Oven-Baked Chicken is a moist, flavorful whole chicken stuffed with fresh onion,
bell pepper and garlic, flavoring the chicken from the inside out.
Watch the video for this recipe!
Can you believe that it is almost Easter???!!! I’m like we were just celebrating the holidays and its already time for another major holiday.
We’re bringing you this Oven-Baked Chicken recipe, a simple dish to make to enjoy with your family and friends.
If you grab a large bird (chicken) like the one we used for this recipe it has plenty of meat to feed a small crowd for this celebration.
Oven-Baked Chicken is also one of those dishes that are great anytime. It’s an easy dish to make during the week for dinner because really all you have to do is prep it, put it in the oven and the oven does the rest of the work.
It is also great for Sunday dinner and you all know that we believe in Sunday dinner here at Kultura Kreations if you have been following us long enough. We share a lot of what we are cooking in our Instagram stories.
I don’t cook dinner every single Sunday, but I do make a point to cook most Sundays because life moves so fast and Sundays are just a good reminder to slow down.
Steps and ingredients to make this recipe:
As you can see, we decided to cook it in the Dutch oven. There is just something special about the Dutch oven.
The food cooks quickly, yet evenly and always comes out moist. If you don’t have a Dutch oven, you definitely want to use something similar like a roasting pan.
To prep this chicken, we seasoned it from the inside out. We stuffed the inside of the chicken with fresh onion, bell pepper, and garlic and seasoned the outside of the chicken with a blend of onion powder, garlic salt, seasoned salt, creole seasoning, and cayenne pepper. This infuses the chicken with flavor so that it is good “down to the bone”.
Chicken is one of those meats that you want to take your time with.
I’ve tried to cook chicken a little faster in the past when I have been in a hurry and every time I’ve done that the chicken did have as much flavor and came out dry.
To achieve the crisp, brown skin, remove the lid from the chicken in the last twenty minutes of the cooking process.
Cooking it for the last twenty minutes will not dry the chicken out.
For an even browner and crispier skin, turn on the broiler for a few minutes, but watch it carefully to ensure that the chicken does not burn.
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 1 large whole chicken
- 1/2 of a yellow onion- chopped in large pieces
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper- chopped in large pieces
- 1 small clove of fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic salt
- 1 tbsp of seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp of creole seasoning
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c of olive oil
- Remove chicken from the package, rinse and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rub/brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil.
- Stuff the chicken with chopped bell pepper, onion and a small portion of the garlic clove.
- Season the entire outside of the chicken with onion powder, garlic salt, seasoned salt, creole seasoning and cayenne pepper.
- Bake the chicken covered for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake the chicken for an additional 20 minutes uncovered.
- For a crispier/browner skin broil the chicken for a few minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and serve!
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!