Peach Cobbler French Toast is classic French toast topped with a peach cobbler drizzle.
This recipe is a breakfast and a dessert all in one delicious platter.
Prefer video? Watch our latest recipe videos!
Peach Cobbler French Toast
Peach cobbler is one of my favs…so why not have Peach Cobbler French Toast? I mean it’s like a sneaky way of eating dessert for breakfast.
And not to mention, it really tastes like peach cobbler, double win! Also, adding a little butter and in addition to your choice of nuts, makes the finished product even better! Walnuts were used for this recipe.
The drizzle is best made right before browning the toast. Due to the addition of cornstarch, the drizzle will continue to thicken as it sets so it should be perfect by the time your toast is ready.
I have found that 2 tsps of cornstarch is better than one. One tsp of cornstarch was just too thin for my taste. If it thickens too much, slightly heat and whisk.
That should do the trick. If it’s still not thin enough for you then add a little more butter.
French toast is a quick meal and also a great way to finish off a loaf of bread.
I don’t know about you all, but I miss half loaves of bread because a whole loaf of bread is just too much for me to finish before it expires sometimes.
Anyway, an issue for another day. I guess I’ll just have to make more French Toast. I used Nature’s Own Honey Wheat Bread for this recipe.
It’s semi-sweet bread and what I had in the kitchen at the time when this recipe was created. You don’t have to use fancy bread and it will still come out just as good.
Of course, the French toast is just as good the next day. Team leftovers! It is best lightly toasted in a skillet with a little butter, but can also be heated in the microwave.
Then heat the drizzle, pour over the heated toast and there you have it!
You may also like:
- 8 slices of your favorite sandwich bread
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 + 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 + 1 tbsp of nutmeg
- 3 tsps of brown sugar
- 1/2 c of whole milk
- 3 tsp of butter
- 1 (15) ounce can of peaches
- 2 tsps of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- whipped cream and/or chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- To prepare drizzle:
- Drain can of peaches and pour juice into medium size pot. Set peaches aside.
- Slightly heat juice and then add cornstarch.
- Whisk until cornstarch lumps are gone.
- Add butter, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon and whisk.
- Let simmer for about 1 minute or until slightly thickens.
- Add about five peaches to the mixture and stir into mixture, then remove from heat and set aside until French toast is toasted.
- To prepare French toast:
- Whisk milk and eggs until combined.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Pour wet mixture into a large container.
- Soak each slice of bread in mixture one at a time and then set aside.
- Once all bread has been soaked in mixture, return to Tupperware and pour any remaining mixture over bread.
- Add butter to heated skillet coating the bottom of the pan.
- Toast bread on each side until brown.
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!