These crispy bite-sized pieces of Popcorn chicken are perfect for dipping!
This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients to make!
Watch the video for this recipe!
Why order takeout when you can make this recipe at home?!
This recipe is great as a snack, but is filling enough to make into a meal as well.
Especially depending on how large you cut your pieces of chicken. As you can see, our pieces of chicken were cut into good size pieces.
You definitely going to want to dip these tender yet crispy pieces of chicken so grab your favorite dipping sauce to go with this recipe!
You will need:
- Chicken breast: 2 1/2 pounds, diced into cubes
- Eggs: Two large eggs for coating the chicken before battering it.
- Flour and Cornstarch: For the chicken coating. The combination of the two create crispier chicken pieces.
- Salt: This is the only seasoning you will need.
- Vegetable oil
Steps to make this recipe:
First, add your oil to a pan or skillet. This chicken does not need to be deep-fried, so only add enough oil to fry the chicken in (approximately a few inches of oil).
You should not need more than a 1/2 quart size bottle to fry the 2 1/2 pounds of chicken that this recipe calls for.
Next, cut your chicken into small strips or bite-sized pieces. Crack your eggs and whip them. Then coat the chicken with the egg mixture.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch and salt. A blend of cornstarch and salt were used for this recipe to make the chicken crispier.
Using tongs or a fork, pick of a few pieces of chicken at a time, shaking off the excess egg mixture and add them to the bowl spacing the chicken apart.
This is to prevent the chicken from clumping together.
Coat the chicken with the mixture, then place it on a plate spaced apart.
Complete this process in 2-3 batches. You don’t want to prepare all of the chicken at one time because as the chicken sits, the flour and cornstarch will begin to soak into the chicken.
Therefore, you want to cook it in batches and once it is coated, cook it as quickly as possible.
Fry the chicken for approximately 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Cook the chicken in two to three batches.
Once your chicken is cooked, transfer it to a paper towel covered dish to soak up the excess oil. Then grab your sauce and enjoy!
Some sauces that pair well with this chicken are ketchup, honey mustard and barbecue sauce just to name a few.
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another recipe!
- 2.5 lbs of chicken breast
- 1 c of cornstarch
- 1 c of flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of salt
- vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot.
- Cut the chicken into one-inch pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and pour them over the chicken. Coat the chicken with the egg mixture.
- In a bowl add the flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Dip the battered chicken into the flour mixture a few pieces at a time and fully coat the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the flour mixture and place it on a place, spacing the chicken apart.
- Fry the chicken for approximately 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Cook the chicken in two to three batches.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and transfer it to a paper towel covered dish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!