Sausage, Egg and Cheese Egg Bake is a breakfast casserole packed with veggies,
protein and sharp cheddar cheese.
Watch us make this recipe!
Making this egg bake saves me so much time in the morning, for at least three days. I typically will have a piece of toast or some fried potatoes to go with the egg bake.
The casserole can also be prepared the day before baking. If preparing it the night before, cover it with foil or store in an airtight container, then place the casserole in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake it.
By the way, the recipe takes no time to make. Brown the sausage and drain any excess oil from the plan. Then, whisk the eggs and milk, then mix in the cheese.
Okay, so I know what your thinking… No potatoes or bread added to the egg bake? Am I right? Well, I don’t really fancy the extra starch in my egg bake so I’ve never added it when I’ve made it.
There is never an issue with the ingredients binding without the addition of starch. If you prefer a thicker and fluffier egg bake, just add a few more eggs and more milk.
Once you remove the casserole from the oven, there will be excess oil from the sausage on top of the egg bake. This is completely normal since this dish is made with sausage and cheese.
While the egg bake is still hot, blot the excess oil with a paper towel. Then cut the egg bake and desired and serve! This is dish is also great for a brunch or anytime that you are serving guests.
You may also like:
- 1 lb of ground sausage
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 c of whole milk
- 1/2 c of onion - diced
- 1/2 c of bell pepper - diced
- 1 c of sharp shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 3 qt. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown sausage. Add onions and bell pepper prior to sausage completely browning.
- Drain any excess oil and sit to the side.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and whisk together.
- Add milk, cheese, salt and pepper mix together.
- Add sausage and mix.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes prior to serving.
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!